Meleto Castle announces itself in the enchanting Chianti landscape at the end of a pleasant driveway lined with cypresses and junipers.
The structure stands amid sun-kissed fields and vineyards, not far from the boundary between the ancient Republics of Siena and Florence, about 1 Km. from Gaiole in Chianti.
A magnificent testimony of history and the industrious presence of man. Today more than ever we are invited to plunge into the peacefulness of the countryside to savour its tastes and perfumes (wine, the odour of cellars and oil-mills, the wood of the furniture, grain, the thousand essences of field and meadow) forgetting time and its frenetic rhythms on the other side of the hills.
The Castle belonged to the Benedictine monks of the Coltibuono Abbey. The name "Meleto in Chianti" appears for the first time in 1269, in the Florentine Guelphs' "Libro degli Estimi", as the property of the family of Rainerii de Ricasolis.